1. Academy-certified personnel shall not participate in, or publicly endorse, any group or organization that demeans the goals, objectives, credibility, reputation, goodwill, or dignity of the Academy or the public safety profession.
2. Academy-certified personnel shall be truthful and timely in all forms of communication with the Academy and shall not provide information that is false, misleading, and deceptive or that creates unreasonable expectations. Academy-certified personnel shall not sign any document that the individual knows or should know contains false or misleading information.
3. Academy-certified personnel shall notify the Academy of any and all occurrences that could call into question one's ability to perform his or her duty as a dispatcher. Academy-certified personnel must notify the Academy immediately if convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude. Crimes of moral turpitude include, but are not limited to, illegal pornography, fraud, embezzlement, illicit drug abuse or distribution, theft, bribery, kidnapping, or assault.
4. Academy-certified personnel are prohibited from using Academy certification(s) for private or commercial gain. Academy-certified personnel shall not compete in any way with the Academy or its contracted partners, including Priority Dispatch®, in regards to active or planned business activities without prior written authorization.
5. Academy-certified personnel shall not violate patient privacy laws and rights and shall always respect those rights.
6. Academy-certified personnel shall not take calls or dispatch while under the influence of alcohol, illicit drugs, or any other agent that would impair one's ability to properly function in the dispatch setting.
7. Academy-certified personnel shall not engage in conduct or perform an act that would reasonably be regarded as disgraceful, dishonorable, or unprofessional.
8. Academy-certified personnel should avoid practicing or facilitating discrimination and strive to prevent discriminatory practices including, but not limited to, those relating to race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.
9. Academy-certified personnel understand it is their personal responsibility to ensure they remain certified by the Academy through CDE and similar Academy-approved programs and processes. Academy-certified personnel shall follow their respective employer's policies and procedures. In addition, they shall strive to always follow the Academy's protocol, including key questioning, determinant coding, Post-Dispatch Instructions, critical ED information, and Pre-Arrival Instructions.
10. Finally, Academy-certified personnel understand it is their responsibility to remain current on any and all protocol changes that can have an impact on the outcome, negative or positive, of the emergency for which the dispatcher is responsible.